The Greensboro Metro Area ranked 9th best for Women-Owned Businesses in a recent study from the leading personal finance outlet WalletHub.com.
To help women advance their goals of entrepreneurship, WalletHub’s analysts compared the 100 largest metropolitan statistical areas, or MSAs, across 10 key metrics. Our data set ranges from average revenue growth of women-owned businesses to presence of women’s business centers to industry variety for women-owned firms.
Owning a Business as a Woman in Greensboro-High Point (1=Best; 50=Avg.)
- 6th– Overall New-Business Friendliness
- 22nd– % of Women-Owned Businesses
- 9th– Average % Growth of Women-Owned Businesses
- 19th– % of Employees in Women-Owned Businesses
- 35th– Average Revenue Growth of Women-Owned Businesses
- 11th– Industry Variety for Women-Owned Firms
- 14th– WalletHub ‘Gender Inequality’ Ranking